Wednesday 15 July 2009

Going for a paddle & looking for Bladderack

Today has been a lovely day, sunny and warm with people on the beach, swimming and just generally enjoying themselves. As we have both been working today Kevin and I are going to meander down to the beach shortly to look for Bladderack seaweed and also to have a paddle - good for the soul and for the feet!

I use the Bladderack I collect, after it is well washed, dried and chopped, as an addition to the Cornish Palm Natural Soap that I make. It gives the soap a truly local and Cornish element and the use of Seaweed improves the skin's texture and colour. It is packed with vitamins and minerals and is also very therapeutic.

The process of making soap is quite a long one and because I firstly need the Bladderack to dry and then the soap needs around 8 weeks to cure, my Seaweed Soap will not be ready for at least another couple of months - but just watch this space I will let you know when it is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment